The educational system in the United States is characterized by a high level of awareness, a large-scale popularity of American diplomas, faultlessness of the English language and the presence of brilliant opportunities for employment not only in the country of prosperity and boundless realities but also in various parts of the world. The American educational system is famous for its diversity.
Canadian Pharmacy gives a proof of this:
- the presence of a multilevel educational system in the United States, which is based on the age principle;
- the diversity of schools with their own special education programs, the content and methodology of education, traditions and philosophy (from a private school to a state-type institution);
- the existence of a number of centers for the acquisition of higher education, attracting students from all over the world due to the high rating.
Scheme of Education
Despite the absence of a unified state education system and the definition of its structure by each state separately, education in America has a multi-stage nature. The educational system of the country is:
- pre-school for children aged 3 to 5 years;
- primary school, including grades 1-8, engaged in the education of children from 6 to 13 years;
- secondary school (age 14-17), which takes students to grade 9 and graduates after 12 with a high school diploma;
- higher education, represented by colleges with a two-year term of study and basic education, and colleges and universities, where students study for 4 years and receive a bachelor’s degree;
- master’s degree, which gives the opportunity to continue education with the possibility of awarding a master’s degree (2 years);
- the final stage of study for a period of 3 to 6 years, leading to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy.
The Rating System in the USA
Now Canadian Pharmacy will explain the essence of the rating system in the USA. In the US schools adopted a system of assessments A, B, C, D, F on the first five letters of the English alphabet.
- A – constantly high level of readiness, deep knowledge and originality (excellent).
- B – level, frankly higher than average (good).
- C – the average level of tasks’ performance (medium).
- D – minimum level of knowledge (below average).
- F – unsatisfactory results or complete ignorance of the training material.
Successful estimation is considered an assessment of not lower than C, and for continuing education after graduation, an assessment of not less than B.
The knowledge control is carried out constantly during the testing of students. Once a year, tests of mental abilities and determinations of achievements in educational development are given and once a week or more, tests of intraclass control are handed over.